Monday, August 3, 2009

Hong Kong BBQ in Staten Island

Ah, boy, another month of me neglecting this blog! Shame on me. Being on the job hunt renders one busy yet idle!

This weekend was non-stop. I had a birthday party to attend Friday, filled with college friends and imitating parties from college. Met up with another friend, got home at sun-up. Fun but exhausting! Saturday my sister had friends over, and I was up with them playing a fun card game and the like.

The next day I was to journey to that farthest of boroughs, Staten Island, for a BBQ at my friend Ivy's. I ran late thanks to my late bed time, but after the longish journey by subway, ferry and bus, got there in time for the rain to let up, and to roast some delicious meats Hong Kong style:

Basically put on a skewer, roast a bit over charcoal, then slather with honey and roast it some more. So delicious. Get-togethers and food experiences like this cause me to throw my at-home vegetarian ways out the window! And well worth it for the chicken wings alone!

After we had exhausted the food and coals, we played Wii games. Everyone who ahd been before had a Wii fit profile, so I ended up on that. Wii fit tells me I'm 21! Woo 2 years younger than I am! Everyone else was discussing how much older it told then they were. I have pretty good balance, and it seems that's the major measuring device. I did a bunch of the fit games. Pretty fun I must say!

Then we started playing Cooking Mama, which was way harder than it looked to be. I got a 100 on one recipe though! We were cracking up at the voice over for Mama because it obviously
was a native asian woman and the accent was so thick. Ivy is from Hong Kong, and she kept imitating Mama say "Even better than Mama!" So funny.


I even got a ride home from Hevan, who had driven there. Very nice day, and with people I hadn't seen in too long! I now have a reason to venture to Staten Island. Hope that I get to soon. and that I can afford a Wii in a sort amount of time too, way too much fun!

1 comment:

Stephanie Kim said...

haha i play cooking mama on my little brother's DS-its addicting!